My Faith

Our family's life verse

"For we know that all things work together for good to those that love the Lord and are called according to His purposes"
Romans 8:28

Monday, January 25, 2010

Beginnings

Hey! I've just started this and have no idea where it will go, but I felt lead to share all that God is teaching me. Most know that my oldest son, Isaiah, has a brain tumor called a craniopharyngioma. He was diagnosed in Sept. 2007. He has had 5 surgeries and 31 radiation treatments. He was diagnosed 3 months after we moved....to the St. Jude area. Only the Lord could have known we needed to be this close! We had no idea something was wrong when we moved here. We moved for my husband to attend seminary to be a preacher. I have two other children. My kiddos are 10, 8, and 5 years old and we homeschool.

Through this journey, the Lord is continually conforming me to His image. I believe that part of the responsibility that I have in what God is doing in my life is to pass it on. Titus 2:3-5 instructs older women to teach younger women. One of my intentions in this blog is to do just that. Another reason it to lead others to a saving knowledge of Christ or to a desire for a deeper relationship with Him.

So, as I continue on this journey that the Lord has me on, I will be sharing those lessons that He is teaching me :) Thanks for taking the time to read it! I hope that you find benefit from it. Feel free to post!

1 comment:

kjvhomeschoolmom said...

Maggie, thanks so much for posting! You have inspired me to get back to my blog. I love sharing how the Lord has helped us through the tumors and treatments and just our daily lives. God is so good! Cannot wait to read more from you! Michelle